Pitting IN - Clarified at the drivers meetings for all tracks
• Hot Pit Off Turn 4 - Some tracks use access road
• Pit Lane - Mandatory to Stay to the Right except when passing never go below the middle
• Entering your pit box - Blend in no more than 2-3 stalls before your box
Pitting OUT - DQ/Loss of Race Points
• Always Enter Track - Middle of backstretch at every track
• Never Enter Track In Turn 2
• Right of Way - Cars on track have the right of way, stay low until you reach race speed
• 1st 25% of race - Use to get settled in
• Middle 50% of race - Apply your race strategy
• Last 25% of race - Get up on the wheel, time to go racing
Protect Your Equipment - Control Your Aggression!
• 0 Resets and 9 incidence points - ( 5 in Arca series ) (ARCA/Truck/Xfinity/Cup Series)
• 1 Resets and 17 incidence points - (L49, Modifieds & Road Series)
• Race-Craft - No over aggressive driving, getting into bumper or dive bombing corners allowed
• Respect - Always race drivers the way you want to be raced and be respectful
• Consequences - Your actions not only affect you, but also your fellow competitors
Starts/Restarts - Laying Back Will Not Be Tolerated - Period! (Will be dealt with harshly, resulting in a DQ!)
• Leader Always Has Lane Choice - Must decide before the 1 to go is displayed
• Close The Gap - Until you Don't see the logo on the bumper on the car in front of you
• Maintain a Steady Pace Speed - No On & Off the throttle (Know the pace speed)
• No Changing lanes before start/finish line
• Always Start In 2nd Gear
• GO ON GREEN - No rolling into the throttle when pace car goes in (Wait for the green lights)
Cautions - LIFT OFF THE THROTTLE! You Can Not improve your position as iRacing sorts this out
• Damaged Car - Can't catch car ahead PULL OVER & REQUEST A TOW helps eliminate black flags
Aggressive Driving - Will be put on probation & Must attend Driving School
• Getting Into Bumper - Wrecking or turning a car WILL NO BE TOLERATED PERIOD!
• Dive Bombing Corner - Causing an incident by not holding your line
• Over Aggressive Driving - When going in to corner especially early in a race
• Race-Craft - Failure to control your car and do not slide into competitors
• Road Racing - First car into corner has right of way, or failure to yield
Intentional Wrecking or Retaliation (New Mule Rule)
• Intentional Wrecking - No intentionally wrecking a driver period!
• Retaliation - No retaliation to a driver during the race or after the checkers
• Cautions - No deliberate action to bring out a caution by any means
Penalty: Expulsion From The League!
Tri-Ovals S/F Line - Admin To Clarify at all tracks
• Qualifying Only - Allowed to go below the (White or Yellow) line at S/F line
• Racing - Always stay above the (White or Yellow) line at S/F line
Lapped Traffic - Use your Relative Screen F3 It is your responsibility to know the traffic situation
• Do Not Make It Difficult for lead lap cars to pass!
• Always Give Fast Line to leaders (stay high or low depending on track, not in the middle)
• Just Breathe the Throttle - Allow the passing car an easier time to complete the pass
• Always race drivers the way you want to be raced
• With 10 Laps to Go - Lapped cars battling for position please announce to faster cars
Lucky Dog Rule - iRacing controls this
• Stay to the left - When it is announced while pacing under caution
• Use your Relative screen F3 - Pay attention and know your surroundings while under caution
Poor or Lose Connection - Laps will not be awarded back
Warping - You will be asked to drop to the rear of the field and failure to do so will result in Ejection!
Black Flags - No Clearing
Qualifying - No EOL (End of the Line) will be given out, if you want an EOL DO NOT QUALIFY
No Wall Riding Allowed - No putting vehicle against wall and trying turn a fast lap! (It may be possible at some tracks)
Spotter - It is highly recommended you download and install the best spotter pack for racing.
The Jimmie Johnson Spotter Pack http://www.dwarehouse.com/
The Dale Jr. Spotter Pack https://iracerstuff.com/2016/01/20/dale-jr-spotter-pack/
The OBRL iRacing League reserves the right to remove anyone from the league for any reason or who cannot follow these simple rules and help everyone enjoy the league.
OBRL New Drivers Director