Eligibility Requirements: AGE: At Least 35 Years Old and Have an iRating: 3500 and Under
Thanks for your interests in joining the Old Bastard Racing League. We are a group that really enjoys close clean racing and the camaraderie of friends, with the emphasis on quality “Race-Craft”
We welcome you to join the OBRL iRacing League, but first we need you to READ, UNDERSTAND and KNOW the Rules and what we are all about. Please respond if this is what you seek and desire. We welcome any and all comments and please just let us know either way.
To be eligible to compete in any OBRL Series make sure you get everything setup and working properly, so when it comes time for you to compete in a Series you are ready to go.
Please read the League Rules Below and Fill Out The Form at the end of the Rules, And Please also Send Iracing League Request so we can fully process application
You must complete the form, And Send Iracing Join Request or your application won't go through!
Membership will be approved after we receive the Application, and Iracing League Request
Check your email or spam folder and read the Welcome to the OBRL letter!!!!
Important - READ, UNDERSTAND and FOLLOW these steps to complete the OBRL application process
Paint Scheme Rules
- 80's-90's style schemes desired, but not mandatory in stock cars series-No wild, outlandish or weird schemes
- Mandatory contrasting numbers (no black on black scheme etc)
- Please color coordinate wheels and numbers to your desired paint scheme
- No displaying or advertising other league logos during Old Bastards events
Please upload your paint scheme to Trading Paints
OBRL LEAGUE RULES
All drivers must be in the practice session 20 minutes prior to the Mandatory Drivers Meeting
Drivers Meeting will start after the 80 minute practice session. Purpose is to assure that a driver will have at least a minimum of 20 minute practice prior to the required drivers meeting.
Drivers Meeting is Mandatory please exit car and shut off ignition after the practice session ends. Be in the TeamSpeak for a 10 minute meeting to go over specific track rules and league matters.
We understand that life and or work take priority, so please advise the Admin's of your situation. Failures to make the required minimum 20 minutes of practice and drivers meeting will be handled in this way.
- Failure to make 20 minutes of mandatory practice - You Are Not Allowed To Race!
DRIVERS PLEASE READ & KNOW THE FOLLOWING!
Treat Everyone with Respect - If you can't be respectful you will be removed from the League, Period!
No Cussing or Calling Out Drivers - This makes the OBRL an enjoyable place to race.
• 1st time - You will receive a warning
• 2nd time - you will be ejected from the race
A Microphone is Mandatory To Race & Practice - Need for communication
A Steering Wheel and Pedals are Mandatory - No Joysticks for steering!
Driver Numbers & Probation
• New Members - Are on a minimum 6 race same series probation or 12 races in all 4 series / tryout and assigned a (100 Series) 3 digit number. No qualifying for all 3 digit numbers!
• Termination - Member not conforming to OBRL Rules will be dropped while on probation
• Reason - Don't expect a detailed reason for termination other than rule violations and not a good match for OBRL
• Acceptance - After competing 6 race probation / tryout, choose any 2 digit number not already assigned
• Permanent Number - Members who misses 8 or more consecutive weeks will be assigned a 200 Series number
• Reinstatement - Upon returning allowed to choose any 2 digit number not already assigned
Penalties and Offenses
• All Penalties: A drive thru under green at the next race or otherwise as noted!
• Option: Request the Admin to review the infraction and what lap it occurred on
• Loss of Appeal: Will be scored with a 1 lap penalty
• Poor Race-Craft - Drivers causing repeated cautions or numerous incidents will be put on a 3 race probation
• Temp Number - Will have their number changed, adding a zero in front of their current number (#0XX)
• Reason - Will be contacted by phone to discuss their driving and race-craft
• Driving School - Will be required to attend at least one 2 hour session at the OBRL Driving School
• Reinstatement - After attending driving school and demonstrating good race-craft
• All Race Communications - Use the iRacing channel only
• For General Talking - Use TeamSpeak, discuss incidents when the race is over
• Use Relative Screen F3 - You are responsible to know the traffic situation
• Leader or 1st Car - Always announce the pace car position on the cautions
• Use Communication For Good Race-Craft
Pitting IN - Clarified at the drivers meetings for all tracks
• Hot Pit Off Turn 4 - Some tracks use access road
• Pit Lane - Mandatory to Stay to the Right except when passing never go below the middle
• Entering your pit box - Blend in no more than 2-3 stalls before your box
Pitting OUT - DQ/Loss of Race Points
• Always Enter Track - Middle of backstretch at every track
• Never Enter Track In Turn 2
• Right of Way - Cars on track have the right of way, stay low until you reach race speed
• 1st 25% of race - Use to get settled in
• Middle 50% of race - Apply your race strategy
• Last 25% of race - Get up on the wheel, time to go racing
Protect Your Equipment - Control Your Aggression!
• 0 Resets and 9 incidence points - ( 5 in Arca series ) (ARCA/Truck/Xfinity/Cup Series)
• 1 Resets and 17 incidence points - (L49, Modifieds & Road Series)
• Race-Craft - No over aggressive driving, getting into bumper or dive bombing corners allowed
• Respect - Always race drivers the way you want to be raced and be respectful
• Consequences - Your actions not only affect you, but also your fellow competitors
Starts/Restarts - Laying Back Will Not Be Tolerated - Period! (Will be dealt with harshly, resulting in a DQ!)
• Leader Always Has Lane Choice - Must decide before the 1 to go is displayed
• Close The Gap - Until you Don't see the logo on the bumper on the car in front of you
• Maintain a Steady Pace Speed - No On & Off the throttle (Know the pace speed)
• No Changing lanes before start/finish line
• Always Start In 2nd Gear
• GO ON GREEN - No rolling into the throttle when pace car goes in (Wait for the green lights)
Cautions - LIFT OFF THE THROTTLE! You Can Not improve your position as iRacing sorts this out
• Damaged Car - Can't catch car ahead PULL OVER & REQUEST A TOW helps eliminate black flags
Aggressive Driving - Will be put on probation & Must attend Driving School
• Getting Into Bumper - Wrecking or turning a car WILL NO BE TOLERATED PERIOD!
• Dive Bombing Corner - Causing an incident by not holding your line
• Over Aggressive Driving - When going in to corner especially early in a race
• Race-Craft - Failure to control your car and do not slide into competitors
• Road Racing - First car into corner has right of way, or failure to yield
Intentional Wrecking or Retaliation (New Mule Rule)
• Intentional Wrecking - No intentionally wrecking a driver period!
• Retaliation - No retaliation to a driver during the race or after the checkers
• Cautions - No deliberate action to bring out a caution by any means
Penalty: Expulsion From The League!
Tri-Ovals S/F Line - Admin To Clarify at all tracks
• Qualifying Only - Allowed to go below the (White or Yellow) line at S/F line
• Racing - Always stay above the (White or Yellow) line at S/F line
Lapped Traffic - Use your Relative Screen F3 It is your responsibility to know the traffic situation
• Do Not Make It Difficult for lead lap cars to pass!
• Always Give Fast Line to leaders (stay high or low depending on track, not in the middle)
• Just Breathe the Throttle - Allow the passing car an easier time to complete the pass
• Always race drivers the way you want to be raced
• With 10 Laps to Go - Lapped cars battling for position please announce to faster cars
Lucky Dog Rule - iRacing controls this
• Stay to the left - When it is announced while pacing under caution
• Use your Relative screen F3 - Pay attention and know your surroundings while under caution
Poor or Lose Connection - Laps will not be awarded back
Warping - You will be asked to drop to the rear of the field and failure to do so will result in Ejection!
Black Flags - No Clearing
Qualifying - No EOL (End of the Line) will be given out, if you want an EOL DO NOT QUALIFY
No Wall Riding Allowed - No putting vehicle against wall and trying turn a fast lap! (It may be possible at some tracks)
Spotter - It is highly recommended you download and install the best spotter pack for racing.
The Jimmie Johnson Spotter Pack http://www.dwarehouse.com/
The Dale Jr. Spotter Pack https://iracerstuff.com/2016/01/20/dale-jr-spotter-pack/
The OBRL iRacing League reserves the right to remove anyone from the league for any reason or who cannot follow these simple rules and help everyone enjoy the league.
OBRL New Drivers Director
OBRL iRacing League Application
Fill OUT Every Line of the Application or it will not Go Thru or Submit!
Red Asterisk * Is Required *